Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Arizona

It has been an interesting and fun filled month.  I have forgotten all about blogging and remembered today so decided to share our journey.  I had been searching for salon in Salt Lake for weeks and finally had found one which also had a day care in the basement so I wouldn't have to take Roux to a sitter.  It was a bit more expensive to rent a booth there but thought it well worth it.  I proceeded to look for a place to live and was searching online and going out to the city a couple times a week to check out some options I found.  None of them were conducive to our needs and budget.  After days and weeks of frustration I finally decided to move back to Arizona and stay with my "second family", the Paredes.  We are staying in their casita and Roux finally has his own "bed"!  Its a little bench that is the perfect size for him to sleep, without me, alone!  It has been nice having a bed to myself but I still don't sleep.  Roux will get up a couple of times a night and come to the bed so I'll have to take him back to his bed and explain that is where he sleeps and mommy sleeps in hers.  It's been working out pretty well so far, just waiting for the night for him to sleep with out waking up. 

Before we moved we spent a lot of time with Heidi and Deegan and had so much fun.  Deegan showed Roux how to play the drums and his rock star face.  Heidi better get him in some music lessons with how much he likes to play instruments.
Heidi has scrapbook classes one night a month so I went over to watch Deegan while she was gone.  Earlier that day we had gone to the rec center where there is an indoor pool and water park.  I had never been there before and every time I would mention going to Heidi she would say she didn't want to go.  Now I understand why.  They were so rude and the water was so cold, but that could have been because it only came up to my knees.  Roux's lips would turn purple and be shivering and still wouldn't want to get out.  

Later that night when Heidi was at her meeting I took the kids to the traveling circus.  It was a circus with acts not a carnival with the worlds tallest man or the ugliest mammal alive.  The first act was with the lions and tigers and the whole time Roux would roar.  Deegan was more fascinated with the light swords than anything.  So I sent him with some money to get one from the man walking around selling.  It was so funny, he got lost and the guy picked him up and carried him back to me.  I couldn't leave the seat to go get him because all of our stuff was right there and I couldn't leave Roux by himself.  I just stood up and waved and they came over, the whole 20 feet to where I was.  

I let the kids sword fight until they started hitting other kids with them.  Then it was time to take them away.
I found out Roux likes to cheer at ball games.  We went with Nonna and Poppa to the high school basketball game and Roux would stand up on the bench and yell and clap and get really into the game.  At half time he went out with the "big boys" to shoot hoops until the team came out on the court.  He was so funny and wasn't afraid.  Looks like he's gonna be a jock, dang.  Maybe I can get him into Hockey.  Speaking of Hockey, I had a dream about it last night.  Roux was skating around then I ran over someone's leg and it broke off and bleeding everywhere, gross.  Oh, and Inspector Gadget was in it (don't know where that came from.)
So we're in Gilbert now and Roux loves to be outside.  After we eat breakfast in the morning I'll get him dressed and he'll just play for while I get ready.  He hasn't gone swimming yet but keeps eying the pool and says "bath".  Also, he is almost done with his pacifier.  He has had this same one for over a year now.  He lost all the others so I decided when this one got lost or broke then he was done.  Well, it is now so worn out that he doesn't like it in his mouth for very long because of the texture.  Finally!  (by the way, it's pink)  He still isn't completely talking but occasionally with spit out a random sentence or answer a question.  I think he really knows how to talk he just doesn't want to because then he knows he'll get in trouble more.  


3 comments:

Rundells said...

Sad and glad to hear about your move. Sad because I won't get to see you and Roux much this summer. Glad because I know you will be happy there. Good luck and please keep posting. This is the only way I get to hear things. This and facebook. Lova ya.

Heidi J said...

Where is the picture of his bed?? I'm so jealous you out there in the warm, but also not at all because your too far away!

Kris & Lisa Stewart said...

vi! i saw your page on a link! look how stinkin cute your baby is! good job momma.