Sunday, December 28, 2008

Playing

Lars was having fun playing with some foam blocks Roux got from Nonna and Poppa.  Mikie was reading while Lars and Roux played.  Christmas brings out the kid in us.

Lars gave the scarf to mom and I thought she looks really pretty here.  Love you mom!!
Sunday before Christmas Grandma Wakefield passed.  She had been fighting a long battle of MG so it is good to know she is in a better place and not suffering any longer.  Friday was her funeral in Logan so we all drove out Thursday avoiding getting up early in the morning.  By doing that we were right in the middle of a HUGE storm.  Fortunately I was able to ride with Josh and Heidi and he is a very good driver in the snow.  It still ended up taking about 6 1/2 hrs but at least we got there safe.  The best part was mom and dad made it all the way to Wellsville without getting stuck or going off the road (cause dad's a great snow driver, I just can't watch) but as soon as they pulled into James' driveway they got high centered on the snow drifts.  Ha ha.  Heidi and I couldn't stop laughing.  

It was a really good service.  I'm don't do funerals but this wasn't as bad as I anticipated because everyone was so positive and it is good to know Grandma is with other loved ones and happy.  I just need to remember life is short and to enjoy and take in every moment!  Love you all!

5 comments:

Heidi J said...

holy cow you posted a ton! I love all the pictures and stories. Even though I was there for most of them.. they are fun to read ;) We're going to miss you!

Powell Family said...

Hey! Looks like you had a great Christmas. I think Roux is so cute! Kids are so fun to watch this time of year. You mom really did look pretty in the scarf pic, but I have always thought she was pretty. It was fun to read, Im glad you posted! I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Ashley said...

V! It's your cousin Ashley. I found your blog though Heidi's. I hope that's ok. I heard you are moving to Az or are already here. I live in Mesa so if you ever need anything please don't be afraid to ask. My little boy, Parker, is about the same age as Roux, so I'm sure that would love playing together. Hope you're doing well. My email is acoopergirl@hotmail.com Email me if you want and we can switch phone numbers. Talk to ya later!

Rundells said...

Roux is just the cutest. I really miss spending time with family. Looks like you all had a fun Christmas.

Charla said...

Sorry we missed you during your "five minutes in Phoenix". Hopefully the job disapointment turns into something better than before.

Also, we don't know where we're moving... AZ is soo cheap we want to find a more modest place and hopefully pay it off. :) then, no more moving... cross our fingers.