Heidi and I took the kids to Denver for a couple days to go winter shopping, and because we've never been there. There wasn't really an agenda except to shop (thats all the agenda I need). The drive there went really quick and the kids were so good we promised we'd get them a toy when we got there.
We had no idea anything of Denver, it was an adventure trip. The first exit we got off on just happened to have everything we needed. Super Target (which was where we got just bout everything anyway), Macaroni Grill (with the best salmon EVER) and our hotel complete with indoor pool, ping pong and golf (which we didn't play just swam).
This was how happy they were in the car. Roux's toy was a guitar that plays songs and noises. He loves it and Deegan played rock star on the beds. They fell asleep by 9. It was awesome!
We walked down the 16th st Mall which is a mile long street with shops and fun stuff. At the end of the mall there was a park (which we thought was going to have play stuff but was just grassy) and an Obama rally going on that Heidi was so mad about, it was pretty funny. We played tag and just as we were leaving the park spotted some squirrels (as Roux is pointing out). They chased them around and tried catching them and would get mad when they ran up the trees and wouldn't come down. We then took the mall bus back up to the other end and Heidi said it was her first time on one, not too exciting are they. But very fun to people watch. Used to take the bus a lot in Hawaii and met some very interesting people. And we would hitch hike, that was always fun too. Good times.
There was this huge 40' blue bear at the convention center that peaks inside that is pretty cool. This is taken from the inside on the second floor and didn't turn out very well. Someone told me that the biggest ball of yarn was in Denver but after doing some extensive research found out it was a big fat lie. Which was good to know because I'm sure Heidi and I would have tried to look for it, we were pretty excited. He said it started in Cleveland and it got to Denver and they had to stop.
On the way back it took a bit longer since the kids were tired of being in the car. We stopped at some outlets that seemed pretty cool if I was shopping for myself, but wasn't. And I'm just to glad I don't live in Veil, there was already snow! Deegan and Roux played in the melted stuff for a minute. Then we stopped at this park that was like a mini one for small people. Roux was able to do it all by himself where usually I have to help him. Let me tell you the best part though. I bought some lunchables for Roux since they are easy to eat in the car. I opened one for him and he didn't want it so I ate it. Well about four Sunday morning I woke up feeling really really sick. I had a mild case of food poisoning from the meat in it. Good thing it was me and not Roux. I was puking for a few hours and my stomach still isn't 100% but doing much better. While I was hunched over the pot I thought of the line from "The Devil Wears Prada", "I'm just a stomach flu away from my goal weight". I think I exceeded that.
4 comments:
What? The World's Largest Ball of Yarn is in Denver? You should have asked me. The debate remains between the one in Minnesota and the one in Nevada for bragging rights. That guy giving you information must be 3 fries short of a Happy Meal in the head....haha! Glad you guys had a great time in Denver. See you guys soon!
Looks like you had a fun adventure. I loved driving over the mountains into Denver. I think we stayed in the same area when we went last summer. I think it was the first stop going into Denver. Wish we could have seen that bear. Looks cool!!! Miss you all.
HI.. I saw your blog on Heidis so I decided to say hi.. Your little guy is adorable... HOW are You, where are you?!?!
Hey Vi! I found your blog on Lori's and wanted to say Hi! Your son is so sweet! It looks like you are having tons of fun! It is good to be home right? I have a blog too, you should check it out! I hope you dont mind if I add you on my blog!
http://powellfamilyfun.blogspot.com
Post a Comment