Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mom

I was just thinking the other day about Christmas and growing up and wanted to share a little something about them.  My favorite memories of growing up and being poor was when Christmas time would come and Mom would always make us something.  I loved what she would make more than all of the gifts I got because I knew that every minute she spent on it she wasn't thinking about her college class or grading papers for school or laundry or dishes, etc, she was thinking about me and how much she loved me.  The best gift I got was a doll she made with red hair and a black and red dress that was so pretty.  I have no idea what happened to it but I knew how much she loved me by how long she spent on the doll and wrapping the yarn around the knitting needles and hand painting the face.  Thank you Mom for all the love you give to me!

2 comments:

Heidi J said...

I loved that doll! You had so many of them.. remember the blue and white one?? I never got a pretty doll..but I did a rabbit.. the one like yours. That was always my favorite, although it wasn't a christmas present.

Charla said...

Your mom is awesome. My mom was the same way. It's fun to hear old stories. Hopefully we'll be able to convey that much love to our kids WITHOUT having to be poor.

Oh, I saw Heidi's comment... speaking of rabbits, what ever happened to pica? (the electrical cord eating rabbit)