Sunday, August 10, 2008

Roux Birthday

Sweet new shoes
Heidi and I are HUGE Batman fans.  This is a Batman helicopter disc thrower.  Not sure if Heidi got it for me or Roux.  ha
Roux wasn't really interested in the cake.

Yesterday was Roux's first birthday!  We had a little party with the neighbors (mom and dad's friends) and Heidi.  Roux wouldn't put his hand in the cake and got mad when I tried to make him so I didn't get any good pictures of that.  We had balloons which Deegan popped 3 of them and Roux 2.  I made a red velvet cake which wasn't very red and not as good as I thought it was going to be.  I don't bake or cook and from now on I'll be buying the cakes.  But mom made some really good bbq pork.  Her and Heidi are really good at that kind of stuff.  Its just not my thing.  So pretty much we had fun but it didn't go quite as I had envisioned. 

I've been reading about the Rundell's in China and am so excited they are there.  It looks like fun and an adventure.  Some day I would like to visit.  Guess I better start saving my pennies.

I'm not very good at keeping in touch with people or long winded when writing so this is going to have to do.





Roux loves plums
Cute in overalls and flowers

2 comments:

Heidi J said...

oh what a cute kid

Unknown said...

wow he has gotten so big:0 This page is neet. A real good way to keep peeps caught up with you. I have had some bad luck too. John is loosing his job Nov 1st US Airways is laying off 300 pilots ugh. Kinda scary when you have a house payment.My job is stable flyin million dollar players around ha. We are flyin Dave Mattews Band for the tribute tour for the sax player that died.Keep posting love to see how u and little man are doin